Dilated Cardiomyopathy: a Disease of the Heart
This is a serious disease of the heart muscle, which cavities of the heart enlarged, and therefore can not properly contract. What are the causes of dilated cardiomyopathy, what are its manifestations, and how is it treated?
The essence of the disease
Under the influence of environmental factors of myocardial cells (cardiomyocytes) are killed. Reducing the number of working kadiomiotsitov leads to expansion of the heart chambers. This is accompanied by a violation of both the reduction and relaxation of both ventricles. As a result, develop chronic heart failure – a condition where the heart provides the body with enough blood.
The main causes of
Dilated cardiomyopathy develops due to the following reasons:
* Effect of infections caused by viruses, bacteria, fungi.
* The action of of toxic of substances:
o drugs (eg anticancer);
o heavy metals (cobalt, mercury, arsenic, lead).
* Because of the autoimmune diseases that are characterized by aggression, the immune system to normal tissues, leading to damage them.
* When pheochromocytoma or tumors of the adrenal glands, which produces a large amount of adrenaline and noradrenaline, acting on the heart muscle.
The manifestations of dilated cardiomyopathy in the first place, depend on the development of heart failure and is accompanied by:
* Worsening of myocardial perfusion;
* An increase in heart rate;
* Cardiac arrhythmias;
* The development of edema;
* The formation of blood clots due to the deterioration of wall to reduce infarction;
* Pain in the heart;
* Rapid fatigability;
* Shortness of breath, especially during exercise;